Mississippi Highway Contractors to Compete for Stimulus Funds

By Brenda T. Redfern

Approximately $354 million will be coming to Mississippi for highway usage as a result of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.  Of that $354 million, approximately 70% will be utilized for state projects and the remaining 30% will be allocated to other projects such as small urban projects.

The Mississippi Department of Transportation ("MDOT") expects to let approximately $120 million of the recovery money for projects at its March 24thmeeting.  The remainder of the projects will be let over the period of time from April through June.

You can view a listing of projects which MDOT plans to let with the recovery money.